- Dogecoin, the cryptocurrency branded after a viral dog meme from 2013 is up by o.29% in the last 24 hours.
- Twitter CEO conducted a poll posing this question: “Should I step down as head of Twitter?
Elon Musk has put his Twitter future to a vote, asking users if they want him to stay on as CEO. The poll, which has received over 17 million votes so far, has a majority of users saying they want Musk to step down.
Musk’s tenure as CEO has been controversial, with some users praising his efforts to make Twitter a more free and open platform, while others have criticized his erratic behavior and decisions.
One of the most controversial actions Musk has taken as CEO was to ban the account of a Twitter user who tracks his private jet. Musk argued that the account put his son at risk, but critics said it was an overreach of power.
Musk has also banned several journalists from Twitter, without providing any explanation. This has raised concerns about his commitment to free speech.
In addition, Musk has introduced a new policy that bans users from sharing links to other social media platforms. This policy has been criticized as being anti-competitive and designed to keep people from switching to other platforms.
Musk has previously called himself a “free speech absolutist,” but his actions as CEO of Twitter have been anything but. If the poll results are any indication, users are not happy with his performance. It remains to be seen whether Musk will step down as CEO, but his future at Twitter is certainly in doubt.
Here are some of the actions that Elon Musk has taken as Twitter CEO that have been controversial:
- He banned the account of a Twitter user who tracks his private jet.
- He banned several journalists from Twitter without providing any explanation.
- He introduced a new policy that bans users from sharing links to other social media platforms.
These actions have led to concerns about Musk’s commitment to free speech and his ability to run Twitter effectively. The poll results suggest that a majority of Twitter users are unhappy with Musk’s performance as CEO. It remains to be seen whether Musk will step down, but his future at Twitter is certainly in doubt.